Publishing WCF Data Services to Azure Web Site

I’ve been developing a WCF Data Service and it was working great on my local machine. (How many times have you said that?) With the trickiest parts of the service in place, I thought I’d push it up to an Azure web site and get it working there. Unfortunately, I was getting the following error after publishing my service.

After troubleshooting for about an hour, I finally found a really helpful blog post describing the exact problem here. It appears the primary issue is that the .svc file contains a hard-coded reference to version 5.0.0.0 of Microsoft.Data.Services. Like any good blog post, it also contains a couple of solutions. I simply removed the reference to any version number and it worked like a charm – both locally and in Azure!

Now, I’m gonna push my Code-First Migrations to SQL Azure. Wish me luck!

Advertisements

Posted on May 7, 2013, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.

  1. It’s very straightforward to find out any topic
    on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this article at this site.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: